Riding Lessons and More in Central Virginia

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The workers installed all the sliding stall windows in the upper barn today, and the wiring is also finished. As soon as the office room - which I've nicknamed the Clubhouse - is insulated and done, it will really look good. The upper barn has shade all day long, so it is the place to be during the summer months. The lower barn, next to the ring, is warmer in the morning, so I'll probably use that next winter when I'm keeping a horse inside overnight to stay clean before a hunt meet.

The phoebes have a nest full of hungry hatchlings above the floodlights near the house. I've counted at least three little beaks piping up. The mother and father bird are extra busy catching insects and swooping back and forth to keep the little ones fed. And the chipmunks, which I haven't seen all winter or spring, have suddenly appeared and seem to know just the spot where I feed the sheep. They had better watch out for Peanut Butter!