Riding Lessons and More in Central Virginia

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Picking Up Speed

Springtime brings lots of activity to the farm! I returned to the 4H group last week to judge more oral presentations - and one girl's topic was Mustangs! As my regular riders know, both Arrow and Red are Mustangs, born wild in Nevada and rounded up for sale by the Bureau of Land Management. By good fortune, the 4Hers are coming to EKF next weekend for a Horsemanship Clinic, so I told her I'd be sure to have the Mustangs in where she could meet them.

Then next month, a group of homeschoolers will spend a day at the farm for their end-of-the-year outing. It sounds like a big group, so I'll have to fill up all the stalls with horses for everyone to ride.

Meanwhile, the weekly programs are charging along. A new first-grader will begin lessons this weekend, a couple of folks are taking extra lessons or spending extended days at the farm during school break, and there are already registrants for the Parks & Rec session beginning April 28th.

Also on the calendar for May is another birthday party. I'm told to expect about fifteen 3- to 5-year-olds -- whew! Time to start rounding up my older students to work as helpers for sure!